The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Another one bites the dust, Demis Roussos


Continental seventies rockstars seem to be falling like flies at present. German Edgar Froese was not widely covered but Greek star Demis Roussos was. I have very little Roussos in my collection but this opening title track from Aphrodite's Child (yes that's Vangelis on keyboards and before Demis got fat and wore khaftans) is a great track. It's power to induce nostalgia (a Greek word after all that really refers to homesickness) is powerful. I like particulalry the way it really does seem to be 5 pm (in winter) when I listen to it.

No comments: