The similar phrase 'Worldly Christianity' is one used by Bonhoeffer. It's J Gresham Machen that I want to line up most closely with. See his Christianity and culture here. Having done commentaries on Proverbs (Heavenly Wisdom) and Song of Songs (Heavenly Love), a matching title for Ecclesiastes would be Heavenly Worldliness. For my stance on worldliness, see 3 posts here.

Midweek Meeting November 18 2015

I forgot to report on last Wednesday for some reason. We had 13 there and another good prayer time. Sadly, our Bulgarian friend was not there but perhaps she will come next week. We pray so. I decided that before the end of the year we could fit in a little series on the three Rs - Revelation, redemption and regeneration. I was thinking in terms of three sessions but I had so much material for the first message I only did about half what I intended. Not to worry. I finished with the striking story of the conversion of Emile Cailliet, brother of the composer Lucien, and professor I Princeton Seminary. It's a story worth knowing.

No comments: